4 SIMPLE STEPS TO THROW A BABY SHOWER

3.03.2014

This weekend I threw one of my best friends a baby shower. She is expecting a little girl in 3 weeks and we couldn't be more thrilled for her and her husband. Two months ago I asked if I could take on the challenge to throw her a shower. All in all, it was great. Since there are so many ladies out there who are probably expecting, (we all know some) I came up with some ideas to throw a successful BABY SHOWER!

Step 1: CHOOSE A THEME

I chose PINK! Since they are having a girl and I knew this shower would be fairly small, since we live in a college town where most of our friends are poor college students on a budget (as am I), I thought this would be easiest on a small budget.


Step 2: GET AND MAKE DECORATIONS

I found a great tutorial on how to make the puff balls here. Puff Balls. They were so easy and so fun to make. I bought a table cloth, some pink forks, and had some mason jars I used to hold the candy in.



I know I spelt mamma wrong... oh well. No one noticed!


Step 3: CHOOSE YOUR FOODS

I  originally planned for chocolate covered pretzels, rice crispy treats, starburst, skittles, twizzlers and scotcheroos but I realized this was a lot of sweets. I threw the party in the afternoon too so it was too late for lunch and too early for a dinner. So I decided to skip the rice crispy treats and make homemade pretzels to balance out the sweetness and add a little salty savory treat. I found this incredible recipe and tutorial here with all the pictures included. Homemade Pretzels. Seriously so easy, just took a little time for the dough to raise.


Step 4: PICK SOME GAMES

Luckily my friend Jenna had some left over games from another shower she had with her family so we used them. The shower itself ended up being fairly small so we had a good time talking and getting to know one another. But here is a link for some of the games we played! Candy Bar Game.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment or ask us a question