Healthy Recipes

3.26.2014

Hello everyone! I have recently been sharing some healthy foods that I have been eating, and now I am going to share some yummy recipes!!!

My sweet girl eating her quinoa and black beans!


QUINOA RECIPES

My Favorite one!

Slow Cooker Braised Pork with Salsa- Originally found HERE.

3LBS. bonless pork shoulder, or butt
1 1/2 cups salsa
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
1 medium onion
1 tsp cumin seeds
3 plum tomatoes thinly sliced
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream

If you click on the link you will notice my ingredients are a little different, I cooked it a little differently, this is what I did.

I put everything in the crock pot at the same time and cooked on high for 6 hours. I shredded my pork while it was still in the crock pot and mixed it all up.

20 minutes before my pork was done I prepared my quinoa and mixed it with black beans. I served my pork over my quinoa, added cheese and it was delicious!!! Kaylee tried it and told me it was the best thing I'd ever made!!! :)


Grilled Chicken with Orange glaze- Found HERE.

When I originally found this recipe I didn't have all the ingredients I needed for the orange glaze, but I did have a pre-made orange glaze, so I cheated and just used that! I had my chicken marinade in the orange glaze probably for about 5 hours and then grilled it on my handy dandy George Foreman! My quinoa was again a side dish. I had extra glaze and mixed a little with my quinoa and it was great!!

Breakfast Quinoa- which when I tell people they usually give me a funny look, but it was actually good and both my children LOVED it!

I mixed brown sugar with my quinoa and put cut up strawberries and bananas in it and it made a delicious breakfast that always works out great when everyone will eat it!! YAY!

KALE SALAD RECIPES

Honestly I have only every made 1 kale salad. Most of my Kale goes into my smoothies! But I found a lot of sites that I really liked for how to make a good Kale salad!

Ashley's Kale Salad-

Dressing found HERE.

1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
3-4 TBS Avocado Oil (the original recipe calls for extra virgin olive oil, but I have found that avocado oil is, in my opinion, healthier for you) Find out about more it HERE.
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1-2 handfuls dried sweetened cranberries

I doubled this recipe when I made it, because I was making it for 8 people.

In my salad I had...

1 bag baby Kale
1 avocado
2 8 oz cans Mandrain Oranges
1-2 handfuls sliced almonds

I came up with this recipe by looking at a couple different Kale recipes and also talking with friends. Through my research THIS is the site that has been the most helpful!

I'm so sorry I don't have pictures of my food, I really wish that I did but I don't!!! I hope you enjoy these recipes and if you have any that you LOVE as well, PLEASE comment below and send them to me!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment or ask us a question