10 WAYS TO GET THE BEST OUT OF THIS LIFE.

11.04.2013

Ever since I was little I couldn't wait to grow up and be an adult. I always wondered what I'd look like, what things I would become and the places I would go. I feel like I have lived my whole life like this hoping and waiting for the next stage of my life to begin wondering what new adventures would come.


I have realized now that it has been great always being excited about the next stage of my life but looking back now I wish I would've just enjoyed my life in high school with all my sweet friends, summers in Utah, and the joys of living at home at the tender places I grew up. 

I grew up in a small tiny town in the middle of Iowa. I was honestly so blessed to have such incredible friends and such a fun high school experience. Yes at the time I thought it was going to be the end of the world when I broke up with my boyfriend or when I wasn't with all of my friends in the summer. But the truth of it is, those times were so precious and so dear to me, I really hold them so tightly in my heart. 

So what's the point now? Why am I writing about this? I have come up with a list of ten ways to really get the best out of life. Try them. If you don't like them or think something else should be added, then great, make a list of 10 things that help you get the best of your life. This is my ten. 

1. Love hard when there is love to be had.
Really love is such an incredible thing. I am not talking about buying gifts for each other, pretending to adore one another. I am talking about the true love that comes from simple friendship. The love that waits for you every night when you come home from a hard day. The love that is there for you when you are sick mentally, spiritually, or even physically. The love that makes you put your wants and needs away for someone else. The love that is just a phone call away at any time of the night. Hold onto the ones you love because relationships are the most important thing in life.

2. Enjoy the day. The moment. The little things.
Enjoy the simplicity of life that we have been given. I feel like we get so caught up in the future and the things to come its hard to just enjoy the day. Enjoy what ever time you are in your life because I can promise that exact moment won't come again.

3.Think Positively.
It's not always easy especially when the grass seems greener on the other side and everyone "SEEMS" like they have a perfect life. I can promise you they don't. Nobody has a perfect life and when we compare each other to someone else and what others can do, we are usually comparing our weaknesses to someone else's strengths. Think positively. Thoughts turn into words, words turn into actions. (Ashley and Kaylee used to say this after they went to EFY(Especially For Youth) one summer, for weeks) But it's true and I love it. Our thoughts are empowering, so try to think positively. 

4. Be grateful.
I had a hard time a couple months ago and I started writing a gratitude journal. It helped me realize all the things that surrounded me that were so good. I realized that my problems weren't nearly as big as I thought they were. Once we see all the things in our life to be grateful for, how can we not smile?

5.Take time to just stop and look around.
Really though. When was the last time you just stopped in the midst of your crazy life to look around. Look at your kids, husband, best friends, roommate, heck even your dog. Maybe your house or look at where you came from and where you are at now. Do you love it? Is this where you thought you'd be? If not you can take into account that maybe you should be doing more to get where you really want to be. But you may just realize how incredible your life is.

6.Breathe.
Sometimes I get anxiety. (That's a whole other story) And when I do or when I am stressed when I take the time to breathe, I get oxygen into my lungs and let it fill my body, it clears my mind. It helps you to handle any task that is in front of you. I feel it makes things more bearable.

7. Find spirituality.
It is so important to find something to believe in. Religions have shaped communities and have shaped who we are today. Or maybe you don't like the whole religion thing, which is personally up to you to decide. It's your choice. But I have found that having something to believe in gives you so much hope to know that you can become more. It can bring about the most pure happiness that can be found. It can may even give you something to live for. To help you see a different perspective. Find your spirituality.

8. Laugh. Laugh a lot.
So one time us girls were all hanging out and we decided that even when you have a bad day just try laughing. Yes, fake laugh. Laugh at yourself. It helps you realize that there is more in this big picture of life than just that moment. And if you can laugh your way through something, you are doing good.

9. Work hard.
After being in college I have realized that nothing comes easy. Honestly no matter what you do you can try to cheat on things but in the end you are only cheating yourself out of great things in life. So work hard and with working hard comes great benefits. It is even proven that when we work hard we have a greater satisfaction in life. Work hard in school. Work hard in Work. Work hard in your relationships. It will be worth it.

10. Serve.
When you stop focusing on yourself and the problems you have in life and find someone else to serve all of a sudden your problems don't seem as big. Also how rewarding is it to know that you made a difference in someone else's day or even in their life. Go out and serve. Even if it is just a simple smile, or holding the door for someone. Do it. You will feel better inside.

- Lindsay
Pin It

3 comments :

  1. This is so good and exactly what I needed to read! Thank you Pinnly, you are such an inspiration to many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this!! I needed to be reminded of these things. Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! Thanks for sharing. Enjoying the journey, not just getting to the destination, has been my theme this year! Such a nice reminder. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment or ask us a question