16 BOOKS INTO MOVIES FOR 2014

1.30.2014

This year there will be 16 films made that are based on books.  Arielle Calderon from BuzzFeed posted this article about all of the movies coming out this year that are based on books. I love reading and I love watching movies so I thought it would be fun to read the books on the list and then go see the movie. Click on the link above and check out the whole list. I am just going to list the first four that are coming out this year for now.

So, the first book on the list is Labor Day by Joyce Maynard.  The movie comes out today!! I have not gotten this book yet, so this might be one that I watch the movie first and then read the book.  That might be better anyway, I tend to be pretty critical of the movies after I have read the books.  
 labor-day-movie-poster

The next book is The Monuments Men by Robert M Edsel and Brett Witter.  This movie comes out Feb. 7th.  I am looking forward toThe Monuments Men with George Clooney and Matt Damon.  They were both in the Ocean's movies which are mine and my husband's favorite movies.
The Monuments Men The_Monuments_Men-George_Clooney-Poster

The Third book is Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.   I may actually skip this book.... I think I am done with vampire books and movies, I got my fill with the Twilight series, but it comes out on Feb. 7th. If  you have read the book please let me know if you think I should change my mind and if it is worth reading.
 

Book number four is Winter’s Tale by Mark Helprin.  Colin Farrell is in this movie that comes out on Valentine's Day. 
 

I think I will work on these four three and then move on to the next few. Once I have read and watched the movie, I will post my thoughts and feelings on it! I hope you will join me and share your thoughts with me!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment or ask us a question