BALLET, PHYSICS, AND COMMUNICATIONS.

1.23.2014

As the new year has finally started to settle in I have begun new exciting thing's with school and work. I am taking a ballet, physic's and communication class. I also got my dream job working at the wellness center at my school. I want to share some of the things I am starting to learn and hope to encourage a few.

I decided to take Ballet because it was almost a right of passage with my sisters. When they all went to college they decided to take a ballet class and loved it, so as it is almost nearing my semesters here on at BYU-I, I decided to enroll. I love it. It is one of those things where you are in tune with your body and get to let the energy run through your body in the most classy forms. I truly feel like a lady in my class of 23 girls and one guy.

First off, I am not good at ballet. Not at all. Whatsoever. I never keep my back straight enough or can't get my plie down. But I have learned to just laugh along the way and to push myself to do something that's so completely foreign to me.
This is one of our beautiful studios on campus, where I have Ballet!
Next is Physic's. I'm not going to lie, I'm actually being forced to take Physic's as a condition to graduate. It's super interesting and sometime's I feel like we take simple things, for example: How a ball drops, when it drops and the time it takes to drop....when normally my mind just knows it drops and that's about all I care about. I have been noticing everyday in class how it relates to us and the world we live in. It helps me to not just exist but think about why I exist and the incredible world that surrounds me.

My communication class is almost like a breath of fresh air. First off, did anyone else know that communication classes consist of writing papers and talking about your feelings? I didn't and do I LOVE IT. Of course I do! I love to talk and write about my feeling's and its so comforting to find a new love of how I can apply the simple way's of communication in my everyday life.

You really never know when you start something new, how much it could change you and see a part of you, you never even knew you had.

And I had to save the best for last my new job. Ever since I was little freshman I went to the Wellness Center on campus. The Wellness Center is a place on campus where people can see how healthy they really are and if they are at any risks for diseases. I normally would get my body fat percentage, VO2 max, muscle endurance and muscle strength tested.

I would go into the Wellness Center and admire the people who worked there or volunteered in hopes maybe one day I could get the "Red" polo. Needless to say after a lot of hard work over the last 3 years, I GOT THE JOB! And I simply love it, I never knew I would love helping people with their bodies to become more healthy. It has brought out something in me I didn't know I had.
Bad case of the tired eyes...oh well. 
So from everything I hope to who ever is reading this, to try something new! Sign up for a fitness class, say hi to someone new you've never met, try that thing you've always wanted to do (oh you know). You really never know what something is missing out on an incredible YOU. Enjoy the beautiful New Year of 2014, it's never too late to start something new.

***Oh I also tried Sushi for the first time...and I have to admit I'm a fan!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment or ask us a question