Cherry macaroons

2.17.2014



I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day.  I made these Cherry Macaroons to celebrate and share with others.  They are very good and I thought you would enjoy them too!  I just love cookies, they are probably my favorite dessert right now. Oh, and I also let my kids help me make these.  There were a few things I did that kept me sane while letting them help me.  One was having everything measured out and ready before we got started.  That way they didn't have to wait for me to measure the ingredients out and they were able to take turns pouring them in.
Okay here is the ingredient list
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
1 1/3 Cup Shortening
2 Eggs
3 1/2 Cup Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
3/4 Cup Chopped Maraschino Cherries
1 1/2 tsp. Almond flavoring
1 Cup Coconut- I actually leave this out because I HATE coconut!

I measured everything out and had it ready for my kids to just dump it in. I put the baking powder, soda and salt in the smallest bowl. I also didn't have shortening so I used butter.  Now I am sure if you talked to a professional baker they would tell you that there is a big difference, but they still tasted good to me with the butter.







 I cut my cherries in 4ths

Cream Shortening (butter) and sugar together, add eggs and beat until fluffy. Add flour, baking powder, soda and salt.  Add and mix cherries, extract and coconut.

Give children spatuala and mixer while you put dough on your cookie sheet.



Place 1 teaspoon of dough on a greased baking sheet.  Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes.

This made about 35 cookies. I gave three plates away and still had plenty for us to eat.  I dont think they lasted til the next day!  Hope you enjoy.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment or ask us a question